How to Choose the Right Child Care Centre
Once you have made the decision to start your child in care, you will want to make sure you are going to the best centre you can.
Birth to the age of five is an incredibly important time in a child’s development. A happy, stimulating and nurturing environment will impact them in so many positive ways. Conversely, an environment that does not support your child can have a negative impact. Asking as many questions as you can, and giving yourself time to find the right place will ensure that you set your child on the right course. From here you can to begin to build meaningful, lasting connections and happy memories.
When making your decision you will want to consider both practicalities of your choice, as well as the feeling of the place.
Child Care Checklist
Some things on your checklist might include the following.
- Does the centre meet government guidelines?
- Does the centre appear safe, organised and welcoming?
- Is there room outside for children to play?
- What are the classrooms like? Are they spacious and clean?
- What is the teacher/child ratio like?
- Are the sleep and toileting routines something you feel comfortable with?
- Is there a creative curriculum?
- Is food prepared on the premises, or do you need to provide it?
- Do the children there seem happy and relaxed? Is there a healthy balance of stimulation and calm?
- How do the teachers and staff respond to your questions? Do you feel they have taken the time to speak with you, or do you feel dismissed?
- How will you travel to and from the centre?
- Does the centre appear to be connected to the local community?
- Are there places available and can you book ahead?
Trust Your Feelings
Once you have chosen a centre, make a call and arrange a visit. During your visit, you will pick up more of a sense of the place.
Go on feelings – yours and your child’s. Children are intuitive, and can pick up on their environment. You know what is best for your child, and will know what to look for. Talk to other people in the community, friends or family, and gather feedback.
If you are considering Ally’s Kindy we would be delighted to hear from you.
Ally’s day care centre Ipswich offers child care of the highest quality. As a privately run organisation, we have been able to develop our ethos and identity in a more natural way. We offer a personal and familiar level of care and go to every effort to make sure your child’s individual needs are met.
Our practice meets Queensland government guidelines in all our care and learning programs. If you have not done so already, contact us so we can discuss your needs.
We look forward to meeting you.